1. Hi Tanner, thanks for your time. Could you introduce yourself to our readers? How old are you? Where do you live?
Hi Gao, thank you for the interview! Absolutely! I've been in the online space for over 4 years now and have generated well over 7 figures from media buying alone. I'm 19 years old and currently am located in Seattle, Washington.
2. How long have you been working in this industry and how did you get involved? What/Who inspired you to enter it?
As mentioned above, I've been working in the industry for over 4 years. I actually started hearing about the industry through some incentivized websites (IE: FreeIpods.com, FreePay, etc) and started up my own incentivized website a while back. After hearing about all the quality issues with incentivized methods, I started to look into other methods, and that's when I really stumbled upon media buying.
3. What do you consider your most successful affiliate achievement?
Honestly just being able to help family/friends with any financial issues they're having, all because of this amazing opportunity I have. I know it's not exactly an "affiliate achievement," but it's by far the most important to me.
4. What have been your biggest failures and frustrations?
Back in April 2011 I was hit with a lawsuit from the FTC. By far that has been the most frustrating event business-wise in my entire life.
5. As an affiliate, which methods of promotion do you favor?
My absolute favorite hands down is media buying, followed by PPC.
6. What are the best places for the newbie to learn media buying?
I might be a little bit partial, but I have to recommend my own private forums which include one on one coaching. If you are interested, you can signup at the bottom of the following page or add me on Skype: TannerGVaughn.
7. Can you tell us a bit more about your private forum? What makes it different from other paid forums around?
Absolutely. While my forums cover all aspects of internet marketing, my specialty is in media buying as well as compliance and I make that known beforehand with my members. In addition, my forums are 100% under my own personal name, Tanner Vaughn, while other forums may choose to use company names. This is something I'm so committed to that I'm willing to put my own name 100% behind it to ensure absolute quality.
8. How do you feel about the health of the Affiliate Industry overall? If you could change one thing about the affiliate industry, what would it be?
We're in an industry that is rapidly growing every single day. Where one week feels like one month, where one month feels like one year. This is an amazing thing, but with it also comes a growing downside. As someone who has personally had to deal with the FTC, it's scary to watch these affiliates run around thinking they can't be touched at all. I wish some people could see the true long-term cash in this industry instead of trying to chase nothing but short-term "easy" money.
9. What industry conferences do you usually attend, and which is your favorite?
Being only 19, the only show I can actually get into is Ad-Tech, but I also go out for Affiliate Summit as well just for the one on one meetings. I personally like Ad-Tech NYC but anytime I can meet up with individuals in the industry, I take full advantage of it.
10. What industry sites and blogs do you read regularly and why?
Gotta love Affbuzz here. Always nice to keep up when you get a chance to wind down. It's the equivalent of a newspaper for affiliates, so it's definitely a daily read for me.
11. Thanks Tanner, if there is anything else you would like to say to the readers of Affpaying.com now is the time!
Thanks for the time Gao! I love connecting with any like-minded individuals in this industry, feel free to add me on any of the following methods so we can chat.
Many thanks to Tanner for sharing your time with us and for sharing some great insight tips here! What are your thoughts on the interview? Kindly share your thoughts in the comments section below.
PS. If you are an affiliate marketer, affiliate manager or affiliate network CEO and are interested in answering a few questions about you, your network and affiliate marketing, please drop us a message.