We’re very excited to present our 32nd interview with Benny Liu of ChineseAN.
Benny Liu is the Business Director of ChineseAN.com which is the first and only affiliate network with a strong coverage over the entire Greater China. After the success in penetrating the Chinese market in 2009. Benny has helped ChineseAN.com to expand its business to the whole Asia Pacific region.
1. How long have you been in affiliate marketing and how did you get involved?
I have been in this industry for nearly 3 years. I joined ChineseAN.com once I graduated from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. At that time, I got another offer from Ogilvy while ChineseAN.com is a startup company with just only 2 people. I picked ChineseAN.com at last because I thought that it would be great fun if I can bring it up to the top of the market and now it proofs that I had made a correct decision.
2. There are already so many CPA affiliate networks out there. What makes ChineseAN.com different?
Our team possess outstanding track record in e-commerce and online marketing. Our solid expertise comes from the fact that our management team members had in-depth and hands-on experience in affiliate marketing either as an advertiser or a publisher.
3. Do you have any exclusive offers that other networks don’t have?
We do have tones of exclusive offers in a variety of verticals. Not just white labels, but actual offers that you can only get at ChineseAN.com. If you don’t have an account yet, I highly recommend you get one and check them out on your own.
4. Which offers are performing well on your network?
Market Research related offers definitely, I can say that we are one of the most professional affiliate in this field. Nearly all of the Market Research Companies such as GMI, Toluna, ResearchNow, SSI, AIP, iPanel…etc are working with us currently.
5. Which traffic sources prove to be the most effective for your top earning affiliates – E-mail, PPC, PPV, Facebook, Media Buying or any others?
I will say “PPC can generate much traffic, but social media marketing converts the best”, especially in HK, CN and TW.
6. Do you offer online training for new affiliates?
We do not offer formal training at the moment. However, we always share our experience and knowledge with our affiliates in order to enhance their performance.
7. I see you are using your own affiliate network software. What made you build yourself, instead of choosing HasOffers, LinkTrust, DirectTrack and HitPath, etc.?
We feel more confident with our own affiliate network software and it is a lot more flexible against those 3rd parties one. Our in-house software is customized to fit the Asia Market, with this competitive value, we can be more localize to the Asia market than others.
8. What are the criteria for a marketer to be accepted at ChineseAN.com? How does ChineseAN.com prevent and handle fraud?
Actually we accept all marketers who have E-Marketing talent, given that no cheating will be allowed. We have developed our own technology to avoid fraud with a successful rate which is higher than 90%.
9. For those who are interested in working with you and your affiliate network – What’s the best way/time to reach you?
10. What are the keys to building successful relationships between Affiliates and Affiliate Networks?
Just a word – Trust. The Affiliate model is built according to the concept “Mutually beneficial”. If there is no trust, it will be hard to maximize the benefit for both parties.
11. What do you think about where the industry is going? Where ChineseAN.com may be going? What advice would you give to affiliates to keep up the pace.
I always have a dream that the Affiliate Marketing model can solve the unemployment problem and I hope it can become real.
12. What are your hobbies/interests/passions?
My wedding party with Elaine in 11 November 2011.
13. Give us a little glimpse into what a typical day in your life looks like.
Work + Work + Work. All my buddies know that I enjoy working 7/24. HAHA
Many thanks to Benny for sharing your time with us and for sharing some great insight tips here! If you have any experience with ChineseAN Global Chinese Affiliate Network, please write a review for them on the ChineseAN review page.
Ps. If you are an affiliate marketer, AM or Network owner and are interested in answering a few questions about you, your network and affiliate marketing, please drop us a message.